Chapter 2: From abominable to adorable!
Shaving, is way simpler than hair care, the problem however is that all the guides seem to just pretend guys don’t have insane body hair! Frankly, this is just unrealistic and can actually cause unlucky femboys and aspiring girls to damage their skin! No good if you ask me! A second issue is it’s your first time shaving that body hair and wow! look at all that hair you got rid of with that nice new razor! the first stroke is insane! This’ll be easy!
oh…but…..now that you’ve made it halfway up…it’s just not doing it! Maybe if I wash the razor like the girls do in the movies? I…..what did I do wrong?!
The problem is razors aren’t designed for long heavy hair. Imagine you tried removing years worth of body hair with a simple razor with small gaps! It gets clogged! The best practice when first starting out is to have a nice trimmer and get rid of the super duper thick, long hair. Don’t try to get rid of all of it! You’re just shaving it down to the point that when you bring a regular razor in it’ll be a cakewalk! After that, the rest is easy!
- Make sure your legs were hyrdated with warm water, yada yada yada pores!
- Apply a nice coat of shaving cream, I like aloe, shae butter’s fun too! A little goes a long way so play around with it!
- Start shaving! Go AGAINST the grain, start with small strokes, see if it gets clogged, if not long slow strokes work best! Going too fast causes irritation and means the razor can skip hairs! After each stroke, do that girl thing like in the movies! Now it’s working not too bad right?!
Mind the back of your knees, your heels, and any curving surface! These areas get nicked easily and that’s not very cute! (unless you like that bandage aesthetic!)
- Wash your legs/bodily area with nice cool water, you may want to use an exfoliating scrub too, to prevent in-grown hairs!
- Recognize Reality. So your first time you realize wow! this takes a long time!
Maybe you even nicked those areas! Practice makes perfect. Your first time may not be great! Lastly, shaving your legs is a repetitious thing. Once you do it every week/other week, those strokes can be longer. Just like anything else, the more you do it, the better you’ll be! I hope you can gain some insight with all of this! Most important of all, have fun! Remember that once you nail it, you’ll feel so good!
Last note: Gendered shaving creams are fine, I mostly use women’s, never tried with mens. Razors are a scam, don’t spend extra money just to use the girl stuff! The blades are often the same, only the handles different! More blades help, 4-5 blades are best! Make sure it has a lubricating strip!